The leading solar and energy storage event in Africa
South Africa’s leading position in driving the continent’s transition to renewable energy has been confirmed with the launch of the first-ever Solar Power Africa Trade Show. Organised by Messe Frankfurt, Solar Power Africa 2023 was the first event of its kind dedicated solely to Solar Power and Energy storage and attracted over 50 exhibitors operating in this dynamic market.
2024 Conference Theme: Empowering Africa's Energy Future: Solar and Storage Solutions for Sustainable Development
- Solar and Storage: The Future Hub
- Sustainable Development
- Investment and Collaboration
The conference will have 4 plenary sessions, 4 keynote addresses, and 14 specialised breakaway sessions.
The conference will address amongst others the following topics:
- The outlook/future of energy in Africa
- The Green Hydrogen Economy
- Solar and Electric Vehicles Solutions
- Storage and Mining
- Long Duration Energy Storage
- Securing the Grid
- Private Sector Investment and Innovative Financing Solutions
- Circular Economy
- Expanding Off-Grid Energy into Africa
- Skills Development
- Policy Regulation
2023 Facts & Figures
This was Solar Power Africa 2023
What to expect at Solar Power Africa?
- Networking with peers in a business environment will give you the opportunity to understand business and industry needs.
- Access to a network of international professionals in the solar, storage and related energy fields
- Learn from expert industry speakers
- Attending group networking sessions will enable you and your peers to establish meaningful engagements and to thrash out the challenges that need solutions.
- Get face-to-face interaction with industry stakeholders, which allows you to build on your reputation as an expert within the field.
The key to advancing our clean energy future in Africa
- Solar energy has become one of the fastest growing clean-energy solutions across the globe. With a regulatory environment geared to promote the growing market opportunity for solar in Africa, the Solar Power Africa
- conference 2024 is the perfect opportunity to expand your network and to join thought leaders as they discuss what technologies, trends, innovations, opportunities, as well as the infrastructure and solutions required for the integration
- of renewable energy, storage and policies that will drive the sector forward towards a sustainable clean energy future.
The conference targets full value chain for renewable energy in solar PV and storage industries for both private and public sectors, including:
- Contractors and Producers
- Education and Training
- Smart Energy
- Industry Bodies, Government and Municipal
- Project developers and property developers
- Major utility companies
- Technology providers
- Utility Services